The conference shares research findings and information on health disparities to increase awareness and address these inequities in the Charlotte area. The conference includes a panel discussion on health disparities & social justice.
Panel members include:
- Toussaint Romain, Attorney, Charlotte Public Defender’s Office
- Dr. Peter M. Wherry, Pastor, Mayfield Memorial Missionary Baptist Church
- Dr. Keith Cradle, Program Manager, Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office
- Brisa Hernandez, Director-Community Research, Carolinas HealthCare System
- Cheryl Emanuel, Program Manager, Mecklenburg County Health Department
- Adrian Sundiata, Consultant, Founder/Crossroads Charter School
- Wendy Pascual, Camino Community Center
This event will also feature a poster session and is in conjunction with UNC Chapel Hill’s Annual Minority Health Conference; where North Carolina native Monica Raye Simpson, Executive Director of SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective, will give the keynote speech.